Saturday, July 5, 2008

Here's an Idea

One of my readers, Molly, sent in this idea I haven't tried it, I don't cook at home enough but this is basically how it goes:

Deb , a Mennonite friend introduced me to Mennonite stew what we do is we take a butter dish and put it in the freezer when we have left overs just a small amount we put them into the dish in the freezer when the dish is full i defrost it put it in a casserole dish and bake at the end i cover the top with shredded cheese. Most things will work in this as long as it isn't too soupie. The casserole is always different and I haven't had a bad one yet. The dish might have several different types of meat and veggies in it and it eliminates almost all waste of food.Molly : O )

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I do something similar, except I turn what I have saved in the freezeer into soup. when I have one or two containers of leftover vegetables in the freezer, I defrost, add them to a base of chicken or beef broth and tomato or V-8 juice. My family loves my soups. They are never the same twice.